Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cannonballs Strictly Prohibited


Recently we took a mini grown-up vacation to Las Vegas. The vacation was mini, not the grown-ups. We're both quite tall actually. Anyway, we stayed at the Palms and I saw this warning sign at the edge of the pool that made me laugh out loud. So I took a picture for you. Those are my husband's feet.

There was an area along the side of one pool that was only 6 inches deep and had some recliners scattered about. You might think it's overkill to warn people not to dive into a 6 inch reflecting pool. Most places maybe. But not in Vegas. It perfectly illustrates what makes Las Vegas so very entertaining and so awful all at the same time.

12 comments:

Eva said...

Wow, survival of the fittest, I say. I bet some crazy lawyer made them put it there.

Cynthia said...

Yeah, you know those wacky lawyers.

You are so sweet to come by and comment my little monkey blog :)

Anonymous said...

How many years must the cannonball's fly... before they are forever banned?

I'm Nauseous!


:)

Cynthia said...

Never. Well unless they amend the constitution. Isn't that what the second amendment is about?

Anonymous said...

True! My interpretation of the second amendment has always been along the lines of a strict constructionist. The language clearly defends an individual's right to perform cannonballs in 6 inches of water or less. Anyone who disagrees with this right is probably just much smarter than me. I rest my case (as well as my feet).

I'm Nauseous!

;)

Unknown said...

If I got a good running start and made a really flat dive I know I could make it.

I know I could.

That's because I believe in myself.

Pamela said...

Did you stay at the Lilliputian Ramada like I suggested?
That's the Olympic size pool you read about in the brochure.

classic.

Cynthia said...

@ Phenergan's Wake: It is my hope that you are a law professor

May I suggest some Zofran?

Cynthia said...

@Joe: I believe in you too!

The fact that it is far easier to get a shot of whiskey than a glass of water at the Palms only fuels the olympic spirit when it comes to 6 inch men's platform diving.

Cynthia said...

@ Pamma la: I'm just thinking how funny it would be it I had cleared a space in that reflecting pool and brought over a floatie. Can you picture it? I could just float serenly there on the raft, daring those in the deep end to give me attitude. My butt barely grazing the ground as long as I held my breath.

That's making me laugh.

Michelle said...

I stumbled upon your blog a few minutes (because of the title) and this picture made me laugh SO MUCH.

So I just thought I would tell you.

Cynthia said...

Thanks Michelle, so nice of you to come by and comment. It made me laugh out loud when I saw it at the hotel.